Am I the only one obsessed with miniature cows????

I recently became interested in getting a minature cow for milk and to raise babies. Does anyone know where I can buy one in Central Florida?
Once you decide what breed you want, you can check the breed registry website. Many of them have a "for sale" section. Craigslist is another source... Beware of going to an auction, as many times, there is a REASON the animal is at an auction vs. being sold privately.... I'm not saying you can't find good animals at an auction, but you'll want to shop with an educated eye...

Good, show quality ones are pretty pricey (and you do occasionally run into overpriced crappy ones owned by people who don't have a clue - like the guy near me who tries to sell his crossbred crappy mini Hereford x Dexter BUCKET CALVES for $800-1200 each!).

But if you are looking for just "backyard performance" quality type - they are out there, also. You just have to look harder and longer sometimes.

I love this thread, great pictures, cute calves. I'm also looking forward to buying a couple dexters but before I do I want to make sure I have enough land. Is one and a half acres of pasture enough for two dexters?

Back
Top Bottom