Amending sandy soil

Sheet is simply layering the compostable materials in a large area. Kind of like Lasagna Gardening. Trench composting is burying the materials in a trench that will later be used as the basis for a garden bed. I sometimes do a trench between garden rows. Especially effective when burying lobster shells and other high nutrient materials.

Sheet is simply layering the compostable materials in a large area. Kind of like Lasagna Gardening. Trench composting is burying the materials in a trench that will later be used as the basis for a garden bed. I sometimes do a trench between garden rows. Especially effective when burying lobster shells and other high nutrient materials.
hahahaha, I am a trench gardener and I did not even know it. I thought I was just cheap.

Well i guess the chicken and rabbit poo did the trick. After mowing today i raked up all the grass clipping and took them to the pile to mix it in. The pile was already heating up after sitting over night. I went ahead and mixed the grass in there too. Hoping it heats up nice and hot

Back
Top Bottom