Ameracaunas?

inwelynn

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2016
Hello! This is my first forum post, so I hope I'm doing it correctly! I was given some day-old chicks for my birthday in September, so they are just about 7 weeks old. I was told they are Aracaunas, but after reading about the rarity of those, I doubt it! I was also told to expect green eggs. What do y'all think??

EE, and appears to be a pullet. Can we have a standing side picture to confirm?

EEs are basically mixed breeds and can lay lots of colors - blue, green, brown, pink, white - but it is likely you will get blue/green eggs. What type of comb does she have?

Thanks! Easter Egger was my guess, too! Feed store lied to my mother-in-law! I'm fine with it, though. I don't plan to show them, anyway! I kind of have a side view pic...I'll try to get better pics when I'm hanging out with them today!

Oops, Chicken Girl1...I meant to say that my mother-in-law thought the feed store had them labeled "Aracauna", but after I looked those up, I realized definitely not; if anything, they'd be "Ameracaunas". Still, my gut was saying EE. I'll definitely read the links you shared because I'm always up for learning more, and sorry about the confusion!

Back
Top Bottom