Ameraucana and what else?

We got Raider from a local farm as a barnyard mix, but my other two were from mypetchicken. The other one is a Salmon Faverolle. She is hilarious!
I've always wanted a Salmon Favorolle too! I love how fluffy they look. But I've always been worried about their heavily feathered feet since it rains a lot here (Seattle) and I've heard they can get bullied since they are so sweet and quirky.
Wonderful selection you have there :love

Thank you! Yeah she gets a little dirty and definitely does not like the rain. She isn't as waterproof as the others. We are in Utah so the winter has been a bit more dirty for her. This is only my first year with chickens. I only have 3 and everyone gets along just fine. I wouldn't say she was the bottom. Raider is the top and is older than the other 2 she bonded with the Faverolle and just recently decided that my Marans was her friend. This happened a few weeks ago when my buff orpington got sick and died. It has been a hard road raising chickens!

Thank you! Yeah she gets a little dirty and definitely does not like the rain. She isn't as waterproof as the others. We are in Utah so the winter has been a bit more dirty for her. This is only my first year with chickens. I only have 3 and everyone gets along just fine. I wouldn't say she was the bottom. Raider is the top and is older than the other 2 she bonded with the Faverolle and just recently decided that my Marans was her friend. This happened a few weeks ago when my buff orpington got sick and died. It has been a hard road raising chickens!
I just started about 3 years ago and have 6 girls. I’m getting a couple more this spring… can’t wait!
There’s definitely a lot to learn about raising chickens and I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve lost a girl about a year ago to egg yolk peritonitis and it broke my heart. But you will continue to learn and grow in your adventure with your babies. It’s so much fun and I hope they bring you lots of joy…and eggs!
And you will always have this awesome community every step of the way!

Back
Top Bottom