Ameraucana: chick color leads to what hen color?

Pics

Back to the Earth

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
2 week old ameraucana from Urban Farm Store. Looking at breed club website it should be a silver, but not sure based on brown coloring coming in. Any ideas what she might look like as a hen from your own experience?

52341_april_2011_031.jpg

52341_april_2011_033.jpg

it is not wheaten, it is an EE, incoming color can vary....there is not consistent color with EE's. To know what color a chick will be when it grows up it would have to be a true Ameraucana, which you can only get from a breeder not a farm/feed store. EE's are very pretty
big_smile.png

Since farm stores order their "Amerauacanas" from a hatchery, they are technically called Easter Eggers. There is not an official name to the variety of colors you get with Easter Eggers. Sometimes you can get one that is close to an ABC color, but they can't be called that color since they are not really true Ameraucanas.

I agree but that's the closest I can tell of the color is Wheaton or possibly partridge...just about all of the EE's are mudded wheaton colored, no definate color or marks but closely in the color chart of wheatons.

This is a true Wheaten Ameraucana from my flock. The color doesn't look the same to me.
hu.gif

6809_dscn3600.jpg

This one is a BLUE Wheaten... and still doesn't look similar.
6809_dscn3258_wheaten_pullet_2.jpg

If I had to GUESS what color she came from, I would say a roo and hen with some blue and red pattern. There is really no telling what they really looked like, really.

Back
Top Bottom