Ameraucana pullet? I'm doubtful

He only has 2 hens rn, and I have a rescue hen that has been having difficulty integrating. I was told he needed more work to focus on. I'm also spending time with him one on one. He was hand raised from the shell but once he hit about 8 months old he started going after ppl, including me who he sees multiple times a day and I spend long periods of time when they're free ranging.

Attachments

• 20240117_095922.jpg
    20240117_095922.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 15
Definitely a cockerel also looks like an ee
They're all EEs, they only had SLW pullets and I have one if those, plus I want blue eggs cause I'm a dork. My Roo is EE/Austrolorp.
Those are muffs, not tufts. A chicken that is not clean-faced will hatch out with their beard and muffs, it's not a thing that pops up later on.
It did for my Roo, his didn't come out until he was several months old. That's him in my user pic as a chick, but his sire is an Austrolorp. There was only one EE in the flock he came from so we know who his mother is.

Attachments

• 20240112_175710.jpg
    20240112_175710.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20231207_154638.jpg
    20231207_154638.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 13
They're all EEs, they only had SLW pullets and I have one if those, plus I want blue eggs cause I'm a dork. My Roo is EE/Austrolorp.

It did for my Roo, his didn't come out until he was several months old. That's him in my user pic as a chick, but his sire is an Austrolorp. There was only one EE in the flock he came from so we know who his mother is.
Oh okay I wasn’t sure cause the title said Ameraucana.

He's a beautiful Rooster! I hope you can get the agression issues under control. It would be a shame to have to cull him. Your new pullet looks like she'll be a beauty too. She may end up looking like my Maggie. She's a blue egg layer, Ameraucana cross (I presume). I inherited her at about a year old.
20231226_151926.jpg

He's a beautiful Rooster! I hope you can get the agression issues under control. It would be a shame to have to cull him. Your new pullet looks like she'll be a beauty too. She may end up looking like my Maggie. She's a blue egg layer, Ameraucana cross (I presume). I inherited her at about a year old.View attachment 3727854
She's gorgeous! I'm excited to watch these 3 grow.

I have started catching him in mid air and then walk around with him under my arm for 10 to 15 minutes! He really is good at his job, I've been out there watching when the air raid siren goes off and he shoos the girls into the run or bushes, look up and a hawk is circling! Somehow, he has no problem with the cats!

Back
Top Bottom