Americal Idol: When it comes to bad songs, "There are no boundaries"

wingnut1

Crazy Bird Lady
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
A Galaxy Far Far Away
Any thoughts on the new song written for the winner this year?

I think it deserves 5 out of 5 *ICKIES*
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

The WORST!!!!

Good competition and maybe others that watched the finale love the song???

caf.gif

Last edited:
I love Kris and he did a million times better at that song then Adam. I think they need to give Kris a chance instead of just thinking Adam is going to win...
barnie.gif

fl.gif

Yes terrible song haha:lau

The song was atrocious. Neither of them sang it very well. Kris struggled with the highs, and Adam struggled with the lows. They both had several parts in that song that were just terrible. I loved Simon saying he's not going to judge them on that song with the whole mountains and hurricanes in it. What really strikes me is that Kara co-wrote that stinker. What an embarrassment to the show.

I'm gonna agree with Simon. Kris round one (I did like Adam on this song but agreed it was to theatrical and over the top with the trench coat, Kris just did his first song better), Adam round two (they picked a real good song that Adam could really sing and he didn't over do it, I didn't like the song choice for Kris), and let's all just judge on the season (meaning lets pretend that last song never happened to either contestant).

Now I have not rooted for either of these guys so if I was impressed in the least with either of them that is a big deal. It was kinda nice to watch going into the final without really liking either of them.

I do think there's a huge chance that Kris could win. He's got alot of tween and teen votes plus I think he'll get the majority of ex Danny voters.

I felt so bad for the both of them. Didn't someone read that cr?p before they made them sing it in public?

I think if Adam had slowed it down a little more it would have been more bearable. Kris, just couldn't do it on that one, not his type of song, he doesn't have the range.

Do they even have free reign to change the arrangements and key of the song so they can suit it to their style. If there were differences they were really subtle. If so with two new songs to learn do they really have time to mess with the song "written especially for the finale". You know I have never really cared for the finale songs. I don't like sitting there thinking to myself "you know this song is not doing it for me". I want to enjoy the singers. It's a singing competition and not a "new song" competition. Somebody is kicking themselves for that song right now.

I really think Adam is a much better talent than Kris, but I think Kris will win. Kris will not do anything after Idol, he just isnt good enough, but Adam will be able to do whatever he wants and be a roaring success. His songs earlier in Idol were much better than the last few, I thought. Ring of Fire, the first Mad World, Black and White, Tracks of My Tears, were just terrific. Last night was pretty ordinary for both of them.

OK... watching Steve Martin play the banjo tonight will be fun! But I will be SO ready to press the mute button when the "no boundaries" song starts!
ep.gif
tongue.png

Quote:
Are you kidding. He destroyed the Ring of Fire. Johnny Cash was probably rolling in his grave. He just needs to stay with Broad way

Back
Top Bottom