American Blue Eggs all Bad?

Pretty Pony

Songster
13 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Ft. Smith, AR
Could it be that ALL of my American Buff Blue's eggs were bad? I threw all the eggs away yesterday after she set on them of over 45 days.I know the eggs were fertile since the gander really was breeding her all the time. I was afraid of losing her since she rather ventured off the nest. I just don't get it. This was my goose's first time at hatching eggs, and mine too. Have any ideas what went wrong?
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Even if the gander was breeding her often, it could be the age of the goose. I'm not very familiar with geese, but I have read on here that a goose in her first year sometimes has trouble with fertility. Or it could be that the gander is too young to hit his mark. Do you have a pond, or other type of water area for them to go in? I have also read that geese almost have to have water to breed in. I am no expert though. Sorry none of them made it. I had gotten buff goose eggs from someone and had none of them develop also. The blue american goose eggs I got from someone else were both fertile, and both made it to the end. Unfortunately, one of the babies pipped the air cell and died. This was probably my fault, since I didn't move them to the hatcher soon enough. The little booger pipped the air cell on day 25 at least, end of day 26 I candled before moving them and it was already pipped.

Back
Top Bottom