American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics

Is it possible to tell what they are when they are this little? ;) I just wanted to upload and share, these two are my first geese and I am trying to learn as much as I can on this forum. I'm excited to add them to my menagerie!

I was wondering about breed. I bought them from the feed store I work at and we don't know what breed we get. I probably won't know what gender they are until they're bigger, since it was "straight run" and I'm no good at vent sexing (if that's possible... I guess I'm not sure what auto sexing is, but I've seen it mentioned on a few of the threads here.).
Right now they're just that fuzzy yellow. They are so adorable though and they've bonded pretty well it seems.

I was wondering about breed. I bought them from the feed store I work at and we don't know what breed we get. I probably won't know what gender they are until they're bigger, since it was "straight run" and I'm no good at vent sexing (if that's possible... I guess I'm not sure what auto sexing is, but I've seen it mentioned on a few of the threads here.).
Right now they're just that fuzzy yellow. They are so adorable though and they've bonded pretty well it seems.
I have looked close to them I do believe you have white Chinese because the nostrils are so far down the bill.
I am no expert but this is what I see. I breed Sebastopol's and by accident a person sent a Chinese to me and I wondered why the nostrils were so far down on the bill and not like the others....
So that is what I think....

Pretty gosling babies and congrats on getting them!

Also
welcome-byc.gif
!!!

Thank you all! And thanks for the welcome, RURU. :) This is great, now I can research the breed! I suppose I should've done the homework first but there's nothing like jumping in feet first right?

Back
Top Bottom