American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
Mrs. Goose's eggs hatched yesterday/today. 5 little ones as far as I can see…… won't let me very close ;-) and her two guardians taking their job very serious as well. lol

You can see one peeking out :)

First day out and about as a family……...

I can't believe she hatched all of her 7 eggs!!!!!!! I was hoping for 2 or 3 but didn't think that all of them would hatch!!!!!

They will need to know where home is,so penned for at least a week or 2, and they will need protection from predators or you won't have them long, A safe house for night time sleeping . My only Buff is female and during breeding season can get just as loud as my other 3 but nothing compared to my 2 ganders, they could break glass.

Pic when you get them please.
Thankyou for responding. I was going to keep them inside my house for a week or two before i put them outside because they will be newly hatched. Going to give them any area in my barn. Do you think they'll wonder off the property or stay close to where they'll sleep?

Thankyou for responding. I was going to keep them inside my house for a week or two before i put them outside because they will be newly hatched. Going to give them any area in my barn. Do you think they'll wonder off the property or stay close to where they'll sleep?
I thought you were talking about adults lol big difference . here is some very good info on caring for goslings.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings

Your gosling will have to be pretty big before they could be out roaming around with out some kind of protection be it fencing or you, predators would pick them off pretty easy, they have no defense at all. even domestic dogs are a Big threat to goslings/ geese. A nice size pen with inside protection at night is what I'd have for them till they are adults and after. or you can be out with them to protect them.

I know it's only been a little over a week since Gus had his needle biopsy, but it feels like much, much longer to me. Once aspirated, the soft and mushy 'bump' became more like a loose piece of flabby skin. You know what I mean, the kind of pendulous flesh that most of us will end of getting as we advance in age. The type where when you lift your arm to say 'Hi' to someone, it looks as if you're waving a flag below your elbow? Well, apparently that's all that Gus has under his chin...a couple of wavy flagettes. I'm so thankful and so relieved !!!
We ended up having to send the sample out to a lab rather than doing it 'in house' because somebody with a very large oral orifice went a blabbed that we were running 'animal samples' in a 'human' laboratory (in reality we weren't even in the same building, but once word got out it was like Gus was the ''missing link' or something and we were inundated with 'requests' from others for various tests, some humorous, some not so. Anyway, we had to look elsewhere for confirmation that it wasn't malignant so we sent it out. Hence the week long absence without any information, I didn't have any to give. So all's well that ends well, I guess !!! Thanks again for your support. Oh, yeah...and Gus sends you all a 'chin wave' from the pool.

-kim-

I know it's only been a little over a week since Gus had his needle biopsy, but it feels like much, much longer to me. Once aspirated, the soft and mushy 'bump' became more like a loose piece of flabby skin. You know what I mean, the kind of pendulous flesh that most of us will end of getting as we advance in age. The type where when you lift your arm to say 'Hi' to someone, it looks as if you're waving a flag below your elbow? Well, apparently that's all that Gus has under his chin...a couple of wavy flagettes. I'm so thankful and so relieved !!!
We ended up having to send the sample out to a lab rather than doing it 'in house' because somebody with a very large oral orifice went a blabbed that we were running 'animal samples' in a 'human' laboratory (in reality we weren't even in the same building, but once word got out it was like Gus was the ''missing link' or something and we were inundated with 'requests' from others for various tests, some humorous, some not so. Anyway, we had to look elsewhere for confirmation that it wasn't malignant so we sent it out. Hence the week long absence without any information, I didn't have any to give. So all's well that ends well, I guess !!! Thanks again for your support. Oh, yeah...and Gus sends you all a 'chin wave' from the pool.

-kim-
Thank goodness. Lets hope this will be the end of Gus having strange things happening to him. He and you deserve a Big break.

I thought you were talking about adults lol big difference . here is some very good info on caring for goslings.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings

Your gosling will have to be pretty big before they could be out roaming around with out some kind of protection be it fencing or you, predators would pick them off pretty easy, they have no defense at all. even domestic dogs are a Big threat to goslings/ geese. A nice size pen with inside protection at night is what I'd have for them till they are adults and after. or you can be out with them to protect them.
Now do geese have to be wormed? I have peafowl which have to be wormed a few times a year. Just a little worried they were hard little boogers to get to a year old, but after losing one of them I finally got it figured out, hopefully.

Now do geese have to be wormed? I have peafowl which have to be wormed a few times a year. Just a little worried they were hard little boogers to get to a year old, but after losing one of them I finally got it figured out, hopefully.
Most experienced goose folks say to worm before breeding season in late winter I wormed my flock in late Dec. last year.

flockman that is a beautiful bird. mine are starting to molt.ha I did not realize that this was and old post bad me. I want to know is there a market for these birds I want to breed geese small scale for now. which would sell? thanks

Back
Top Bottom