American Gamefowl

I found the guy in Instagram,he answered me in 1 hour,the father is a white splashed blue mug,not sure about the mom,when he told me it was a 1 month old,I stopped asking. I'm a total newbie in this gamefowl stuff too.

I didn't get a picture of the chick but I got one of the father.
I couldn't tell you one way or another about the father LOL
You are wanting a mature rooster though and not a chick right? Are you dead set on that?
A "rooster" is going to cost you more $$$, but it all comes down to what you want and are looking for.

I found the guy in Instagram,he answered me in 1 hour,the father is a white splashed blue mug,not sure about the mom,when he told me it was a 1 month old,I stopped asking. I'm a total newbie in this gamefowl stuff too.

I didn't get a picture of the chick but I got one of the father.View attachment 2267109
Don’t know the area of the country you live in and price will fluctuate. If you live in an area with a lot of gamefowl it shouldn’t be that hard to find a decent bird.

I couldn't tell you one way or another about the father LOL
You are wanting a mature rooster though and not a chick right? Are you dead set on that?
A "rooster" is going to cost you more $$$, but it all comes down to what you want and are looking for.
I'm dead set on getting a mature one,9 months old-1.5 years old,I really don't mind the price as long as the rooster was living a good life before I get it and the price tag doesn't exceed $275 dollars,I had already found one,a gilmore hatch/kelso cross for 200 dollars,but it had more of a red color in it,most of my game hens are white except one which is black,I would prefer a rooster that has similar colors to the majority of the hens.
Don’t know the area of the country you live in and price will fluctuate. If you live in an area with a lot of gamefowl it shouldn’t be that hard to find a decent bird.
I live in North Carolina,near the charlotte area

I'm dead set on getting a mature one,9 months old-1.5 years old,I really don't mind the price as long as the rooster was living a good life before I get it and the price tag doesn't exceed $275 dollars,I had already found one,a gilmore hatch/kelso cross for 200 dollars,but it had more of a red color in it,most of my game hens are white except one which is black,I would prefer a rooster that has similar colors to the majority of the hens.

I live in North Carolina,near the charlotte area
It sounds like you have thought it out and know what you want - so keep looking.
You *should* have more gamefowl farms/breeders in the Charlotte area - but they may not be the breeds/colors you are looking for. Have you checked FB or contacted the NC Gamefowl Breeders Association - that may give you some leads if you know exactly what you want.

It sounds like you have thought it out and know what you want - so keep looking.
You *should* have more gamefowl farms/breeders in the Charlotte area - but they may not be the breeds/colors you are looking for. Have you checked FB or contacted the NC Gamefowl Breeders Association - that may give you some leads if you know exactly what you want.
I have not checked facebook,thanks for the suggestion.I will check it right now

I have not checked facebook,thanks for the suggestion.I will check it right now
If I were you and looking for an adult rooster I’d wait til fall and they’re done molting. Most full grown roosters are in some stage of molt by now and won’t be looking their best. They may not look the healthiest to someone that doesn’t know any better.
For the amount you stated you should be able to find a rooster no problem even if you had to get it shipped.

If I were you and looking for an adult rooster I’d wait til fall and they’re done molting. Most full grown roosters are in some stage of molt by now and won’t be looking their best. They may not look the healthiest to someone that doesn’t know any better.
For the amount you stated you should be able to find a rooster no problem even if you had to get it shipped.
October through december a good time to buy one?

October through december a good time to buy one?
Well if you’re looking for a bird born this past spring they won’t be 9 months to Christmas or so. So around October you’d be looking at 6 month old birds. At that point you can get a better idea of what a full grown bird will look like. An adult bird molting times vary. Some of mine aren’t done til Christmas but most are done around November. Some in October it really just depends. I would think you can find a decent bird down there without much trouble though. As long as the birds look healthy. Me personally wouldn’t buy a bird that’s got chicken shit all over its tail and it’s nails are really long cause it’s been kept in a pen. I know that’s what it’s from cause it happens to my birds in pens from the ground being so soft and the nails not wearing down.
I would also be slightly suspect of not getting a picture of a chick or month old that’s actually for sale.

Back
Top Bottom