Americauna Eggs

?? Reading a bit on Ameraucana websites it appears that all Ameraucanas are Easter Eggers but not all Easter Eggers are Ameraucanas. Apparently a group got together, actually recently, to decide what characteristics they wanted Ameraucanas to have. If you were not of the majority opinion - tough luck. Your carefully bred birds were not going to be considered. Got some bad feeling out there. Anyway. a firm requirement from all sides is the color of the egg. I get mine from a famous privately owned store which makes their own feed, etc and know ... a lot. I would venture to say that the Ameraucanas sold in this area are a stable high quality Ameraucana variation of a certain feather color. Color varieties still seem to be all over the map. What the breeders are aiming for is stability in the breeding stock with standards for characteristics. It is such a new breed that it is still a bit wobbly. The breeders of the "standard" - and remember they voted themselves in and others out - produce a very fine bird and I would be thrilled to own some of their Ameraucanas.

i think the suppliers and farm supply places get past the ( your not selling the breed you say you are. ) is by the spelling.. unforgettably most people don't know the difference so when they sell it as a Americauna.. they know that by changing that one letter.. they can honestly say we didn't say AmerAucana we said AmerIcauna there's the difference.. .. I wish they would just say Easter egger's though, most people just want the colored eggs. and Easter egger is a much better name than Mutt..

sorry you didnt get the breed you wanted..

)O(
Pink
good luck

Back
Top Bottom