Americauna Pullets, possible Roo?

9 is PLENTY for our needs, we really only wanted 6, but the first 6 we got from the feed store (4 buffs, 2 EEs) ended up with 2 roosters which we can't have 2 roosters across 4 hens so we rehomed them.

This set we got 4 more (1 buff, 3 Americaunas to even it out as 4 and 4), but the hatchery gaves us a bonus chick (1 more Americauna). We did Americauna's because I couldn't find any EEs anywhere to match our one EE we have. Now I am being told I might only keep 2? Sad days....

If we have ONE rooster we will definitely keep it, but we can't have two with as few hens as we have, much less THREE :/

Looking at the updated pics, I would have concerns with #1, and #5 both have "splotchy" coloration and rust coloring, but it is early to be 100%. In about 4-5 weeks you're going to know much better, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but others may chime in and maybe their experience will ease your mind. I've had plenty of EE's and when this coloration shows it tends to be more male dominate than female.

I think 2, 3, and 4 are pullets, 4 I’m on the fence about but pretty sure she’s a girl. The other two are most likely cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom