Americuanas or EEs?

daniduck

silent stalker
10 Years
Nov 1, 2009
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I bought these at our local feed store, listed as Americuana pullets. From the word go I didn't really think that they were. I though from comparing some of their chick pictures that they really looked more like just EEs. They are now over 6 months old, and I was wondering if anyone could definatively tell me which they were. To me they just don't look colored right for Americuanas. None of them have started laying yet, so I don't have the egg color to compare yet. If they are Americuanas what color would you call them? Thanks for looking!

Dragon - Chicken 1
43881_dragon_-_head.jpg

43881_dragon_-_body.jpg

Falco - Chicken 2
43881_falco_-_head.jpg

43881_falco_-_body_2.jpg

Hawkins - Chicken 3
43881_hawkins_-_neck.jpg

43881_hawkins_-_body.jpg

Easter Eggers.

As a rule of thumb - if it comes from a feedstore or hatchery it's an EE. True/Pure Ameraucanas (no i) tend to come from backyard breeders who adhere to the standard.

Last edited:
I'll bet they're EEs. The reason I agree with you is because I also bought hatchery birds listed as Ameraucana chickens, but in the description they also refered to them as EEs. They look ALOT like yours, only when I look at the Ameraucana Breeders Club website, none of my birds match their colors.

Your EEs sure are pretty!

Sharon

Easter Egger.

As said before - An easy Rule of thumb is that if it is from a feedstore or hatchery - It is an Easter Egger.
smile.png

Yep - all ladies. Give them time - since you never know exactly what was crossed to what in your particular EE the waiting game can be longer or shorter than your neighbor or friend with EEs.

Back
Top Bottom