Ancona Ducks

They are gorgeous. I dont recall ever seeing them out here in Australia. I will have to go search the net to see..... I would love to know if they do exist out here... They are very attractive birds.
I have a trio of bantams ducky!! Eggs due soon from them too, I'll post some pics of them on here.

I fell in love with my ancona drake when i got him as a baby. he is so wonderful. he follows me every where till i pick him up and hug him. I am so great full the have him in my life! he barely makes any sounds (except when he see me!) and wish i had a couple more! Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, do you have any of your own? or planning to get some?'

I am not sure if people are still looking for a source of ducklings or eggs, but I have found "Worth It Farms" and we are going to be getting some hatching eggs from them to start our Ancona flock soon - they have a website, offering ducklings and eggs! We haven't had these ducks (or any ducks for that matter), but we just fell in love with all their characteristics and hope they fit in well in our little farm in the North East!

If anybody is close to Missouri, estes hatchery .com sells ancona ducks im getting two to go along with my WH. they ship but i live 2 miles away from them!

Last edited:
I live in Springfield Mo and have a beautiful Blue ancona drake that was hatched May 2013. He is mature and breeding, a bit too much actually. He is wearing out my 4 hens, one of which is slightly disabled and we love her so the new drake has to go. Anyone out there (in my area) want to do some trading?

Here are pics of the Ancona ducklings that my duck hatched ( I only have one female and a male, that are a little over one yrs old). The ducklings are about two weeks old now. The larger gray birds are Embden goslings from Metzer Farm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom