Andrejki

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2021
Hello people,
I am a young guy from Serbia.

1. I grew on a farm, so I am not new to chickens, but neither to other animals.
2. Heh, interesting question. About 40 adults, three males among them. And 24 young ones.
3. Chickens, sheep maybe will have, 2 geese male and female and 3 young pigs. However, my whole family is doing the job.
If you mean the type pf chickens, well so many types mixed, I ll take photos maybe, but I am here to get help with geese species and brooding.
4. Well... It s obvious. Organic eggs for free. I like to take care of them. They are cute and there are many species.
5. In agriculture gardening, landscape design, construction, basically everything related to a domestic farm except taking care of dead animals or delivering baby animals or hurting them. I m weak for that... Or just practice should be something I should maybe explore more. And I have problems when I need to kill animal, I never did it in my life, so I don't do it, but my family.
6. I am a want to be student who is trying to earn money for further education. I am a minimalist since I ve grown on a farm. I value people based on their heart, not on their wealth. My family is middle income (americally speaking). They are all educated, polite, cultural, tolerant to other races and religions or no religions. Basically, we are very simple people.
I aspire to continue my studies or something else, it depends on the money. I like music very much and I have started doing something in developing a career in that field, but I have to practise a lot.
I have cats and dogs. It s crazy. They are like members of the family. I made them some stairs so they can enter my room whenever they want and I think I ve said I like plants, also.
7. Well, in my age in my city it is considered not to be "fashionable" to breed animals, so I like to have a group of similar minded people. Who knows, maybe after casual texting I could even meet someone as a pure friend.
I also like elder people because they are more rational than my peers to talk to.
I don't know if it is weird, but I grew up with elder people, also, so there s a lot to learn from them.
Nevertheless, in my twenties, people around me are either yes or not, which is very boring because I am the type of a guy eho can debate about anything, and work not everything (e.g. mechanics), but almost. So... I can share my tips for chickens I ve learned from the family. And maybe fins new ones. 😁

I found this by googling "why my goose won't sit on her eggs"... 🙂

And, my family have 30 more chickens that are bot supposed to make eggs, but to be food. They are born as white chickens, but their taste is not the same as the taste from the store (which is better for us) because we feed them in a casual way, we do not make them overeat and we clean them while they are alive before my family make them ... well, being made into a meet.

My problem is about to identify the specie of geese I have. I ll attach photos and videos (maybe, edit: I can't). It is a male female couple. She laid 11 eggs, first ones. I am afraid that she won't broode?
She lives alone with her partner. They all have very big separate space. I am looking for tips how to make her broode. My grandpa used to collect her eggs and to wait for her to brood, but geese are specific animals unlike chickens. Most of them actually don't won't to broode. So i decided to puz all 11 eggs to her basket and see what she will do.
What do you think about that? 🙂
She is less than a year old, about 8 months. And her spouse. The spouse has "strange" anatomy, you can see, but he is doing his job excellently.
If you know someone can help, I d ve glad! 🙂

Best regards and health! 🤗

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_170306.jpg
    IMG_20210314_170306.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210314_170311.jpg
    IMG_20210314_170311.jpg
    991.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210314_170318.jpg
    IMG_20210314_170318.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2