ANNOUNCING A BYC MEMBER PROJECT!!!!! JOIN IN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, gawd, I could go on and on about roosters. I have spent unlimited time back with the flock in the last 4.5 years to see it all. Just this morning my EE went behind a wood panel to lay an egg, and guess who was in there with her? He's a romantic.

" how to have a clucking good time'", - I like your other ones better.

...my clucking good time was a joke - I was working late - amused me though!

Is that true about chickens and snakes? I didn't know that either and have wondered about that, I have loads of little lizards everywhere and thought that was a good sign but haven't seen a red bellie black snake for years now I think about it...

this is such a great idea! i hear all kinds of ridiculous things about chickens and i wish the general public were a bit more informed (even those who don't have chickens!) i can contribute some photo possibilities:

I agree with every one! Chickens give back in so many ways they are fun energetic stress lifting animals, they not only consume leftovers but use it to produce chickens manure that is beneficial for gardening or enriching soil, they control pesty bugs in and around the garden house hold you name it. Best of all they produce delicious and nutritious eggs for family's to consume or for hatching which brings even more little fluffy stress relievers, the can be fun loving little or big fluffy pets for children or adults. Or they could be meat and egg birds for those who would rather raise them this way
I believe this is a good idea and i would print out tons of copies (IF DEEMED ALOUD BY THE PERSON WHO WRITES IT) to take to the schools and for feed stores to put in the chicken section :) I have a few chick care takers that work at feed stores who would love them. Chickens don't get enough credit for what they do and are grossly understated beautiful creatures who should be treated humanly and not confined 24/7 to small cage for egg or meat production.
I love my chickens and while mine are not free range at the moment, they have a beautiful hand made by my husband coop and big long run from which they are protected from all the stray cats, and they are let out into the yard when I can supervise them, and Spoiled Rotten! :)
This is a great idea and so many ideas from other posters as to how it should be done.
And here is a pic of my daughter holding her nankin that she loves to pieces. I am sure there are alot of people who have pics of their kids and chickens that are cuter but here is mine as a possible pic option.

Last edited:
...my clucking good time was a joke - I was working late - amused me though!

Is that true about chickens and snakes? I didn't know that either and have wondered about that, I have loads of little lizards everywhere and thought that was a good sign but haven't seen a red bellie black snake for years now I think about it...

Yes, I do the same thing!, LOL..

I am a rarity in Florida, the only snakes I've seen on my property were black snakes, and they are territorial. I leave them be, sometimes I name them. They like mice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom