annoying cough

clintelmore

Hatching
Sep 29, 2016
hey guys as per advice on here i've been treating my chickens for last couple of weeks.the main two that were sick to begin with have been treated with curad and baytril for 5 days each rooster still has cough and one hen also has it i went to local farmers co-op this morning and bought what they recommended wazine 17 and oxetet wasgonna give oxetet in water and treat whole flock as precaution and then do the wormer both say do not use on chickens producing eggs for human consumption so do i use them or not i'm really confused at this point wizene isfor treatment of round worms and not the larvae so should i use it or not and do the round worms cause the cough that we have? please help what should i do now?
thanks
clint

Hello there, I may have some advice to help you with your situation. The illness your chickens are going through sounds like a respiratory disease.. This is a very common sickness to chickens. This sickness to chickens is basically like a cold/flu to humans, which gives them a cough/ sneezing sound... This can be treated by a dosage of oxytetracyline...in fact 2 tablespoons of apple cider in a cup of water will help them as well.. I can assure you this will bring you healthy, and happy chickens :D!!!

Back
Top Bottom