Another con with State testing in schools

[COLOR=008080]Amen to that. You know our district which is composed of 4 school has an administrator who's full time position is the procurement of federal funding. The district has the lunch program running all summer long. Since when is it the taxpayers responsibility to feed other peoples children especially when school isn't even in session?[/COLOR]

They run the lunch programs so no child goes hungry during the summer. Often times the school lunch is the only meal some kids get...

When we relocated to Iowa from California, during the enrollment process we were told by the new principal to apply for reduced lunches. The reason being; The school receives additional funding for each application wether its accepted or not. We were actually pressured to rip off tax payers! And they were offended when I said,"I'm fortunate enough to be able to feed my own children but thank you."
I would never let a child go hungry but welfare and food stamps are already in place for those who need it. Where does it end?

They run the lunch programs so no child goes hungry during the summer. Often times the school lunch is the only meal some kids get...

The school lunch program was created to feed very poor children who may not have LUNCH otherwise while in school. Yet this well intentioned idea has turned into breakfast, lunch, lunch in the summer and pilot schools feeding dinner as well. I would shovel manure before I let my kids go without a meal. It's one thing to accept help during a crisis but it's a whole different thing when people get to a point where they are doing whatever they can to get the government to provide more and more. The kids school serves breakfast in their first class of the day thus interfering with valuable learning time. Even kids who have had a good breakfast at home are being given food and that food ends up in the garbage can. And still the school is pursuing government funding full time.

[COLOR=008080]The school lunch program was created to feed very poor children who may not have LUNCH otherwise while in school. Yet this well intentioned idea has turned into breakfast, lunch, lunch in the summer and pilot schools feeding dinner as well. I would shovel manure before I let my kids go without a meal. It's one thing to accept help during a crisis but it's a whole different thing when people get to a point where they are doing whatever they can to get the government to provide more and more. The kids school serves breakfast in their first class of the day thus interfering with valuable learning time. Even kids who have had a good breakfast at home are being given food and that food ends up in the garbage can. And still the school is pursuing government funding full time. [/COLOR]

Thats all well and good. But the fact is it feeds hungry kids.
YOU may shovel manure,.. and i would too. But that doesnt feed the other hungry kids.
The summer lunch program is a good idea. IMO

[COLOR=008080]The school lunch program was created to feed very poor children who may not have LUNCH otherwise while in school. Yet this well intentioned idea has turned into breakfast, lunch, lunch in the summer and pilot schools feeding dinner as well. I would shovel manure before I let my kids go without a meal. It's one thing to accept help during a crisis but it's a whole different thing when people get to a point where they are doing whatever they can to get the government to provide more and more. The kids school serves breakfast in their first class of the day thus interfering with valuable learning time. Even kids who have had a good breakfast at home are being given food and that food ends up in the garbage can. And still the school is pursuing government funding full time. [/COLOR]

Thats all well and good. But the fact is it feeds hungry kids.
YOU may shovel manure,.. and i would too. But that doesnt feed the other hungry kids.
The summer lunch program is a good idea. IMO

Can I shovel manure with you guys? Lol!

Seriously, this is a great site and a great thread. I'm always surprised by some of the conversations between people brought together by chickens.

YOU may shovel manure,..
lol for some reason, this makes me think of my high school math teacher. He would get angry when we were "slow to catch on" in Trig. He'd get really upset and start yelling "You all are so stupid, I wouldn't hire you to shovel *manure*" When he really got going, you could hear him at the other end of the hallway. I'm pretty sure he would be fired if he was teaching today. :)

Once you've seen people completely abuse the system long enough you get tired of tax dollars going to people who either can afford to feed their kids yet use their money for other things like cable tv or cell phones, or people who lie on the application or in any other way to con their way into getting that freebie you get sick of it. I'm well past the sick of it point and instead of the government investigating and cutting wasteful spending they expand the program. It's ridiculous.

Once you've seen people completely abuse the system long enough you get tired of tax dollars going to people who either can afford to feed their kids yet use their money for other things like cable tv or cell phones, or people who lie on the application or in any other way to con their way into getting that freebie you get sick of it. I'm well past the sick of it point and instead of the government investigating and cutting wasteful spending they expand the program. It's ridiculous.

I agree. So many do abuse the system..

Here is the biggest problem with people who abuse the system. The vast majority really don't care if their kids get lunch or not anyway! My kids used to go to school with a little boy who was hungry a LOT, was always freezing in the winter (I actually made my kid give him his coat one day because I knew he'd survive one day without it). His mother drove a nice car, wore the best clothes, the newest cell phone. It was sick. So, if it takes a govermnemt program that many resent for the ones who abuse it to feed that child, I guess I just can't complain. We send extra money with our kids because at our school, once they are $7.50 in the hole, middle school and above kids do NOT eat ANYTHING! I can't even sleep if I worry a kid went hungry my kid could have slipped $3 to and let eat! When these abused government programs get cut, the lazy parents don't suffer. The innocent kids do. There is no happy medium.

Back
Top Bottom