Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No clue

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Feb 28, 2022
Hi Y’all,

I Purchased this cute Blue Satin/Frizzle/Silkie chick on March 25, 2022 from a local Silkie breeder (it may have been a week old at date of purchase). This little cutie has me stumped and every time I think I figured it out… it surprises me! Lol

I know silkies in general are hard to sex when they are young. But, I figure I’ll ask anyway ;).

What are your thoughts?

I also would like to breed him/her with other silkies (Buff colored) anyone know what chick outcomes I would get if I mixed them (i.e. color, feathering etc.) ? Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The
Hi Y’all,

I Purchased this cute Blue Satin/Frizzle/Silkie chick on March 25, 2022 from a local Silkie breeder (it may have been a week old at date of purchase). This little cutie has me stumped and every time I think I figured it out… it surprises me! Lol

I know silkies in general are hard to sex when they are young. But, I figure I’ll ask anyway ;).

What are your thoughts?

I also would like to breed him/her with other silkies (Buff colored) anyone know what chick outcomes I would get if I mixed them (i.e. color, feathering etc.) ? Thank you in advance. :)
comb is a little large but i could be wronge, Is the voice different from what you are used to? Males have a deeper and raspy voice

The

comb is a little large but i could be wronge, Is the voice different from what you are used to? Males have a deeper and raspy voice
I would say it’s voice is a little raspier than our others but they are a different breed (polish). I never owned a Silkie or polish before and it’s been a long time since I owned chickens. But, since day one it’s body language screamed boy… but today he/she was acting all girly. Lol

Back
Top Bottom