another newbie

gilavina

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 25, 2011
Southeast Nebraska
Hello All,
finally decided to join. I've run across alot of useful info on the forums so thought it was time to stop lurking and sign up.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not new to chickens, my parents are chicken hobbyists, been around them since I can remember. My first pet was a chicken when I was 4 or 5.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now I have about 60 of my own....but take care of my parents as well...so 130 or so, and eggs in the incubator...due valentine's day

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have Blue, Black, Splash, Cuckoo, Blue Birchen, Black Birchen and Black Copper Marans. Working on developing some Silver Duckwing Marans, have a ways to go, but I am excited about this year's hatch. Also have Coronation and Light Sussies, and in bantams white Cornish and Columbian Wyandottes. With more breeds and varieties to be added soon I'm sure.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
The forums have often come up when I've searched for info on incubators and breeds of chickens I'm interested in getting into.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love art of all kinds, jewelry making, bookbinding, painting, drawing, repurposing old furniture, cardmaking, photography etc etc
I'm an avid gardener, love travel, nature, volunteering, living simply, sustainable farming practices and preserving rare breed livestock and poultry.

welcome-byc.gif
from Northern California
frow.gif

g'day from Australia. Sounds like you live in a zoo! I think i'd have difficulty convincing my folks to let me own that many chooks, but not from lack of trying!
wink.png
welcome from a fellow BackYardChicken newbie, but a total novice in the real world of chickens!

Back
Top Bottom