Another one from Costa Rica :)

welcome-byc.gif

Kelsie2290 - Thanks for the input - yes I need to check into the import laws as far as getting chickens or eggs - I'm not sure where to go, but will begin asking around. As far as hatching eggs in an incubator, there seems to be no problem for individuals to do that. But import duties are terrible here - they typically will cost the same or more than your investment - it's terrible!

Hello, I will be moving to CR next year after i retire. Will be renting in the Heredia area for at least a year. Have you found any information about importing fertile eggs? I am very interested in bringing down some fertile Muscovy Duck eggs. Thanks

Hi, no I haven't checked into anything.....I've put everything "on the back burner" (so to speak), cause I've been preoccupied with my health for awhile! I'm in need of a hip replacement, so I haven't been able to get around much!
But, I would assume that you could probably bring them in with you when you travel! I would check with a veterinarian and see if there's anything needed from him, signed paperwork concerning health or something. Seems strange concerning eggs, but you never know! I've brought in puppies in a carry-on for under the seat without problems! Check with your airline, they may be able to tell you something as well!
Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Good luck! Maybe we can meet one day when you get here!

Thanks for the info. i will check with the airline. Sure i give you a call sometime after i get settled.

I talked to United airlines and they say NO.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom