Another wazine question...

Saymay91

Chirping
May 6, 2018
NC
Hi everyone,
First of all we had a chicken around a year ago that was acting strange. We did a lot of research and was able to weed out things that couldn't be the problem. Someone at Southern states told my sister in law to give us wazine for our flock, and to withhold eggs for 14 days. We held them for about 20 to be sure.
Well that 20th day is when I went ahead and googled to be sure... that's when I read that we could no longer eat the eggs, ever.. I wish I would've googled it before giving them the dosage, but figured it was advice from someone that works in Farm supplies so I didn't think much of it.

So my first question is... Anyone still eat their "wazine eggs"? And does anyone know why you can't/shouldn't? We've been giving some eggs back to the original flock/wazine flock, an egg every now and then mixed in the dogs food, and leaving the rest out for crows.
Like I said it's been about a year, actually longer than a year now, I believe... oh and it didn't help the sick chicken, she ended up dying. Then the one that was the same breed (bought same time and place) died about a month later. We think it must have been some genetic problem with the production reds..

Also is it possible for the wazine chickens eggs to hatch? I read up on here after the wazine incident and someone just stated "don't hatch them" so wondering if it's possible and if so, is there anything we should be concerned about with hatching wazine eggs...? Only curious because we have one hen from our original flock that has been broody for a couple months now.

Thank you so much for any advice or answers!

For Wazine 17? I read a lot of threads that said after using wazine the eggs should not be consumed ever again...?
That's Wazine fear mongering, lol. It's approved for use in Canada with zero day eggwithdrawal.

This is what FARAD says
"Piperazine
There is one study looking at piperazine residues in the eggs of treated hens. Piperazine is approved for use in laying hens in Australia and Canada at doses ranging from 130 to 200mg/kg/body weight one time and a zero day egg and meat withdrawal. In the US, since there is no tolerance, this withdrawal needs to be extended. "

Source: http://www.usfarad.org/drug-wdi-faqs.html

Last edited:
That's Wazine fear mongering, lol. It's approved for use in Canada with zero day eggwithdrawal.

This is what FARAD says
"Piperazine
There is one study looking at piperazine residues in the eggs of treated hens. Piperazine is approved for use in laying hens in Australia and Canada at doses ranging from 130 to 200mg/kg/body weight one time and a zero day egg and meat withdrawal. In the US, since there is no tolerance, this withdrawal needs to be extended. "

Source: http://www.usfarad.org/drug-wdi-faqs.html

Weird... Idk.
I emailed so many places about this wazine situation. Finally directed to call FARAD. The man I spoke to couldn't give me a definite answer, but did say he didn't see a problem giving the wazine eggs to my dogs though.

I've also read that it's illegal to sell or even give wazine eggs to others?

Weird... Idk.
I emailed so many places about this wazine situation. Finally directed to call FARAD. The man I spoke to couldn't give me a definite answer, but did say he didn't see a problem giving the wazine eggs to my dogs though.

I've also read that it's illegal to sell or even give wazine eggs to others?
Each state has its own rules regarding egg sales.

Chicken keeping pages on fb, at least 5 different people stated the same thing... such as "after treating with Wazine, your chickens are basically just lawn ornaments"
Wazine fearmongering, ignore them, lol. There are no laws that say that you cannot sell the eggs!

Wazine fearmongering, ignore them, lol. There are no laws that say that you cannot sell the eggs!

A police officer (he was visiting the neighbors) basically said the same thing, that they're fine to eat... but idk, maybe if the FARAD guy wasn't so back and forth with his answers, then we'd be using them... but just the fact he couldn't give me a straight forward "yes or no" is still messing with my mind...

Back
Top Bottom