Any advice?

J ALLEN

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Does anyone have any suggestions on how our grandfathers and great grandfathers raised and cared for chickens?

My nan had bantams for the eggs in her back yard( to get through the rations in the war) and pigs that the kept then butchered, I know she plucked chickens so must of killed them too.
I bet they just got thrown scraps

Its illegal in the UK to feed chickens any food from your house, is that the same in USA ..

Its illegal in the UK to feed chickens any food from your house, is that the same in USA ..

How interesting!

No, it is perfectly legal and entirely encouraged here! There are Pinterest board dedicated entirely to everything from baking treats for your chickens to what is toxic and bad for them.

Are y'all allowed to sprout whole grains for them?

How interesting!

No, it is perfectly legal and entirely encouraged here! There are Pinterest board dedicated entirely to everything from baking treats for your chickens to what is toxic and bad for them.

Are y'all allowed to sprout whole grains for them?

I guess as long as you didn't do it in the kitchen it might be ok, I know its crazy how would me giving a chicken some bread from my kitchen cause problems ?!

We are a bit crazy in the UK when it comes to health and safety !

Back
Top Bottom