Any artists out there?

@Blue Raptor inspired me… so here’s a monstrosity disguised as a dragon.
IMG_3269.png

Selecting glass is pretty difficult when you're looking for just the right thing...View attachment 3798784
I watched this
yt short about how this is done today, it was very different from how I imagined. I thought you just painted the outline on and then painted the glass with a special paint. It looks way more involved and difficult to me now that I know how it's done.

That's only the fake stained glass kits for kids!
I think it's incredibly accurate... the jump cuts are really fast and disorienting, but all the steps are mostly there. The only thing that this isn't showing is any stuff with wires, copper foil overlays, came or wood framing stuff. When you get into circle shape things and square shape things, especially at a bigger scale, you have to start worrying about how to properly support all of the glass. The window I'm making will be going into a wood frame that I'm gonna paint.

Then there's other stuff like painting on the glass, which is done with a special kind of glass paint that is fired to the surface of the piece of glass.

I've gone to the glass store again, because I needed a sheet of green, and came out with 6 sheets of glass and some new grinder heads to do some other kinds of things. I feel like I have been laboring to pick out the "right" colors and patterns for everything, to fit all my pattern pieces on to the amount of glass I have, in the right orientation. I have so carefully selected EVERY feather for Jasper's body, so that the insides are dark and the outside edge is light, to give the effect of laced with the variation of the glass itself.
435703122_10163525116306040_1867512207367150709_n.jpg

I've spent 3 hours arranging grass pieces. :) the new green I actually went for..
438129104_10163525116246040_5388967666668704672_n.jpg

And then I came away with 2 sheets of glass I didn't "need" but needed, you know? This one is going to become a word piece panel that just says "MOSS" because I have a thing for moss and it must be done
435731924_10163525116266040_8131521809285381275_n.jpg

This is called PHANTOM GALAXY and it is really cool. It has a glittery effect that they get by crushing some kind of rock into it. Super neat. I didn't know at the time what I was gonna make with it but I just couldn't leave it there.
435699932_10163525116371040_7083508201993154664_n.jpg

I think it's incredibly accurate... the jump cuts are really fast and disorienting, but all the steps are mostly there. The only thing that this isn't showing is any stuff with wires, copper foil overlays, came or wood framing stuff. When you get into circle shape things and square shape things, especially at a bigger scale, you have to start worrying about how to properly support all of the glass. The window I'm making will be going into a wood frame that I'm gonna paint.

Then there's other stuff like painting on the glass, which is done with a special kind of glass paint that is fired to the surface of the piece of glass.

I've gone to the glass store again, because I needed a sheet of green, and came out with 6 sheets of glass and some new grinder heads to do some other kinds of things. I feel like I have been laboring to pick out the "right" colors and patterns for everything, to fit all my pattern pieces on to the amount of glass I have, in the right orientation. I have so carefully selected EVERY feather for Jasper's body, so that the insides are dark and the outside edge is light, to give the effect of laced with the variation of the glass itself.
View attachment 3801057

I've spent 3 hours arranging grass pieces. :) the new green I actually went for..
View attachment 3801059

And then I came away with 2 sheets of glass I didn't "need" but needed, you know? This one is going to become a word piece panel that just says "MOSS" because I have a thing for moss and it must be done
View attachment 3801058

This is called PHANTOM GALAXY and it is really cool. It has a glittery effect that they get by crushing some kind of rock into it. Super neat. I didn't know at the time what I was gonna make with it but I just couldn't leave it there.
View attachment 3801056
These are so cool! What other pieces of glass do you have? I was unaware that glass stores existed.

Back
Top Bottom