Any Bantam Australorp breeders in/near New England?

Psyduck Girl

Hatching
May 15, 2023
This may be an unusual request (but knowing other chicken people... maybe not?), but I'm looking for a young bantam Australorp pullet after losing my beloved "garden therapy" chicken last year. She was a real one, but I've read that the Australorp temperament is pretty similar to hers and they always want to get up in your business lol, so they sound like the perfect yard work companion while the rest of my chickens are off doing their own thing.

Only caveat is that I really want the bantam variety - I always get bantams for pet chickens since they eat less, their poo is smaller and they're easier to carry around. But so far I can only find 2 breeders in the entire United States, and neither of them are close by.

A little birdie told me to post here and ask if anyone has (or knows someone with) bantam Australorps in or near New England. Any info or leads you have would be much appreciated!

This may be an unusual request (but knowing other chicken people... maybe not?), but I'm looking for a young bantam Australorp pullet after losing my beloved "garden therapy" chicken last year. She was a real one, but I've read that the Australorp temperament is pretty similar to hers and they always want to get up in your business lol, so they sound like the perfect yard work companion while the rest of my chickens are off doing their own thing.

Only caveat is that I really want the bantam variety - I always get bantams for pet chickens since they eat less, their poo is smaller and they're easier to carry around. But so far I can only find 2 breeders in the entire United States, and neither of them are close by.

A little birdie told me to post here and ask if anyone has (or knows someone with) bantam Australorps in or near New England. Any info or leads you have would be much appreciated!

Maybe this will help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/find-your-states-or-your-countrys-thread.270925/

Back
Top Bottom