Any Christians out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
celebrate.gif

I am !

I'n not a christian. too many things I consider the wrong way to be, too many inconsistencies in the bible, a lack of evidence for the claims etc. not going into details because I don't think telling other people that their beliefs are wrong is a good thing to do, but no, that religion is definitely not one I wish to be a part of.

there may or may not be gods out there, but if there are then since they seem to have no interest in me I'll give them the same respect and leave them alone.

I do not wish to discuss this, and PL:EASE don't take this as an invitation to try to convert me. I respect your beliefs, do me the same honour and respect mine.
.... too many inconsistencies in the bible... have you ever read the bible then? and lack of evidence you don't know the miricles ethier then.... I am a christian and proud of it.

Last edited:
I'n not a christian. too many things I consider the wrong way to be, too many inconsistencies in the bible, a lack of evidence for the claims etc. not going into details because I don't think telling other people that their beliefs are wrong is a good thing to do, but no, that religion is definitely not one I wish to be a part of.

there may or may not be gods out there, but if there are then since they seem to have no interest in me I'll give them the same respect and leave them alone.

I do not wish to discuss this, and PL:EASE don't take this as an invitation to try to convert me. I respect your beliefs, do me the same honour and respect mine.
Then -why- did you post in a tread asking for a head count of Christians, especially when the OP stated not to actually talk about religion?!?!

.... too many inconsistencies in the bible... have you ever read the bible then? and lack of evidence you don't know the miricles ethier then.... I am a christian and proud of it.

I read it.. quite a few times, including the boring bits in the book of numbers etc. I used to read a chapter per day, and pray about what I read. I used to ask a relative who'd been to theological college for help on bits I didn't understand, or what the original text said because translations can be wrong. I used 4 different translations in english, and 2 in welsh, just to be sure of what I was reading. I used to believe what I was told, I used to be a christian. I used to believe wholeheartedly.
In a life of attending pentecostal church, a heartfelt conversion experience at 15, and everything most pentecostals believe... I never saw one miracle, despite the absolute faith I had that I would. None of the christians I know have ever actually seen a miracle.

I used to be an evangelical christian.

And now I'm not.

to the person who said maybe you should pray for me -
Pray for me all you like, it won't do me any harm.

and to answer why I answered, I thought I'd represent the other side - not everyone here is a christian. If it was a poll, I'd have ticked "not a christian" and left it at that.

That's as much as I intend discussing this anyway.

I am glad for those of you who find it is the belief system for you, and I have no intention of trying to deconvert anyone. I miss believing, but I cannot. Those of you who do, I am glad.

Ebwy, I can respect you (I am agnostic/hubby is evoluntionist) but OP is simply asking a question if anyone is a Christian. Nothing more, nothing less. My daughter loves to be a Christian, I will HELP her as much as I can including going to a Christian private school. She is happy and it matters to me. I enjoy listening beautiful voices, both Celtic and Christian music.

Oh yeah, I love to hear daughter singing Amazing Grace (even she has a BAD pitch) and she can really play a beautiful Amazing Grace on her bowed psaltery.....it was so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom