Any coin collectors out there?

I also have a gold 1$ John adams coin with no date but I looked up and it said 2007 but they were out before that because the banks didn't follow the rules of when they were supposed to release them

Here's my coin...

Was wondering how much it is worth and the history behind it

16616042471168221833208431527130.jpg

16616043356303236521495406303247.jpg

Didn't know what to use as a size comparison, but it's pretty large. Around 2 inches tall/wide
16616044190651761458861340611367.jpg

I got it at the market in town. Lots of stalls at night. Last year I bought a swiss army knife from this stall, lot's of cool weapons, survival equipment, and weapons with secret blades! There was a container full of old coins (5 euros each) from all around the world. Some russian, some mexican, and more. I liked this one because it was huge and was the one with the oldest date I could find
Weigh it. If it's legit. it should weigh 27.22g or very close. If it's a fake it will have a different weight. Also, see if it's magnetic. If you can pick it up with a magnet, it's fake. Silver is nonferrous. Those are worth a hundred to potentially thousands of pounds (condition matters as do specific mintings) , but were counterfeited a LOT.

https://www.wikihow.com/Detect-Counterfeit-Trade-Dollars

Weigh it. If it's legit. it should weigh 27.22g or very close. If it's a fake it will have a different weight. Also, see if it's magnetic. If you can pick it up with a magnet, it's fake. Silver is nonferrous. Those are worth a hundred to potentially thousands of pounds (condition matters as do specific mintings) , but were counterfeited a LOT.

https://www.wikihow.com/Detect-Counterfeit-Trade-Dollars
I'll check. But probably assuming it's a fake!

I had a wonderful coin collection until recently, I'm very into old American coins. I traded most of my silver coins for a goat and trades my only gold coin for 2 goats. I can't wait to build my collection again
This gave me a mental image of Jack and the Beanstalk for some reason. :)

I'm not a collector really. I have some mercury head dimes, some indian head nickels, wheat pennies, a few silver quarters and dimes, and that's about it. Nothing worth more than a couple bucks. Just stuff I've come across over time and held onto.

Yesterday my brother found a 1939 wheat penny in my grandparents coin basket and this cheap looking tiny coin with a 1 on it had Japanese or Chinese or something like that writing on it haha

I was wondering if anyone here likes old/unique coins.

I'm not such a "collector" but I enjoy having old coins. I only have 2 special coins.

I have one Welsh dragon £1 coin. I don't have it with me at the moment so I forgot the year.

Yesterday I bought a 1879 trade US dollar!
I love collectible coins and buttons and such!! Don't have any old coins though.

Back
Top Bottom