Any guesses on Roo??

BobbieJo81

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013

This guy was given to me, all I know is that he is about 8 months old, he can fly like a champ(loves to roost about 15 feet up in an apple tree and I have seen him much higher).. I wouldn't call him "aggressive" although he does seem to be determined to establish a pecking order in the 10 week old chicks.. I've not let him near the the 3 week olds.. He is pretty mellow if you catch him, but he won't come up to you willingly. He is small, in my opinion maybe some type of banty??? His tail feathers are green too , like the spots on his lower wing.. He is the only bird I have his age, the closest in age are about 10 weeks, and I have 6 black Dutch banties that I was thinking of keeping him with one of those hens( my others are all Silkies and dont want to cross him with them). Should I just get him a few 'crossed' hens?

I have no idea about his legs, they are very thick for his size to me, esp when compared to the chicks that I have..I have only had him about 2 weeks.. I think he was fed a very bad diet if he was fed regularly at all.. He was crammed in a cage with about 8 other Roos that all looked the same but he was the smallest and only one not spoken for so I took him..Does anyone have any idea of what it could be? I can get a closer pic if it would help

I dont think the wart looking stuff is anything other than whatever he had lived in before I got him bc all of the roos that were caged with him had the same and a lot of it came off when I washed him off before turning him free here.. and more of it comes off all the time, but what worries me is the overall general look of his legs, very dry and look like they are constantly "peeling" ..they also look think to me.. Here is a pic I just ran out and took.. I dont have one of what it looked like when we brought him home..his left foot is not deformed, like it looks in the pic, he was walking towards me for a meal worm..

Back
Top Bottom