Any Hatching buddies out there? set 6/20 tonite with more coming!!!!

the4heathernsmom

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
east texas
O.k. so the kids and I decided to try and hatch some chickies out!!! BAtor is set and ready and we added 4 white yard egg mixes of our own and 4 brown mixes. We also have 9 lavender ameraucana bantam eggs sent from a very sweet byc'er to whom we are very thankful!!! She also sent us one bantam cochin egg to try!!! We have some more "surprise guess what" eggs due to arrive soon to add to the hatch so we will be a little staggered but that is ok with us!!! Anyone else setting for a hatch? Would like to have some buddies to chat and share with as we go along the next month with anticipation on what, when, and how our hatch will be!!!!

Happy Hatching!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I will be just two days ahead of you
big_smile.png
I set mine late on the 18th so counting 19th as day one! I can't wait to see what happens with yours
big_smile.png
I have 75 BLRW eggs set and more eggs on the way
big_smile.png
only a few though so won't be bad. AND possibly getting LG cochin eggs sent next Monday! And have MANY chicks in the brooder right now LOL Just call me crazy!
th.gif

Last edited:
Well I have a staggard hatch just set 1 tonight.. Have 10 others already set beforehand. 3 due wednesday. 1 thursday. 2 saturday.. And so on... Can I join?

Count me in too! I got a $10 incubator at a garage sale and set it up! Yesterday on the the 20th, We put in some rhode island red hybrids, and some mille fleur d'uccle eggs to start. Can't wait to see how the official trial run goes!

Can I join too!

Today I put 6 black orpingtons under a broody, tomorrow I am putting 6 mixed silkies in the bator and the day after I am putting 6 splash orps under another broody. Super excited already but trying to keep my cool.
cool.png

caf.gif
Yes !!!! Everyone welcome I want lots of pics and updates....we have only done this a couple of times and it was years ago so I feel like a new beginner. We never had a good hatch so we are super hopefull this time. I will have some more eggs arriving next week so the ones we set yesterday then will have a slightly later hatch (if they hatch) as well!!! My computer is really slow and I have not mastered putting pics on here but I promise will try!!!!! Yall oldies be sure and post your pics and share anything us newbies need to be checking and watching for!!!! So we will do our first candle on the 28th to see if we see anything !!!!

Super excited over here with 4 kiddos wanting to candle RIGHT NOW!!! lol lol
lau.gif

I'll join too.
I set 18 Speckled Sussex the 16, 2 duck, a couple Guinea, and a few bantam mixes. The 17 I set my 13 June swap eggs (EE and crosses) and one of my EE. Today I'm setting 3 of my crosses, 7 Welsummer, 6 Iowa Blue, 4 BBS Cochin, 4 Buff Orpington, 2 Buckeye, and 2 Guinea.
More will be set in a couple days.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom