Any idea on what breed this hen is?

misfitmorgan

Ordure Heir
5 Years
Nov 20, 2014
Black River, Mi
At first i thought she was an odd looking mille fleur cross but she has a crest, no beard and her shape is different and no leg feathers.

Any ideas? i got her with a bunch of bantys and 2 white leghorns in a trade.

Sorry the pictures are not better.

And this is a gold seabright right?

Last edited:
Hi sorry I can't be more help, I am painfully inexperienced, first of all yes that is a golden seabright in the third picture. As for the hen in question because this was at a trade it will be very hard to determine what breed - even harder for me because I don't raise many bantams! She is probably just a cross breed, why don't you go to the bantam breed section of BYC and see if you can find anything that resembles her.

Do you know how old she is? If she is of laying age her egg colour might put you on the right tracks. That's about all I know sorry :) Also I must add that that sea bright and Mille fleur are beautiful.

EDIT : Fixing mistakes that were made when auto correct tried to help with chicken breed spellings. Go home spell check - it is Mille fleur not Millie flour thank you very much!

Last edited:
The first hen looks like some kind of Silkie mix, with her small crest and grey-ish looking skin. A lot of my mixes come without feathered legs and beards.
The second is a golden laced Seabright
smile.png

Hi sorry I can't be more help, I am painfully inexperienced, first of all yes that is a golden seabright in the third picture. As for the hen in question because this was at a trade it will be very hard to determine what breed - even harder for me because I don't raise many bantams! She is probably just a cross breed, why don't you go to the bantam breed section of BYC and see if you can find anything that resembles her.

Do you know how old she is? If she is of laying age her egg colour might put you on the right tracks. That's about all I know sorry
smile.png
Also I must add that that sea bright and Mille fleur are beautiful.

EDIT : Fixing mistakes that were made when auto correct tried to help with chicken breed spellings. Go home spell check - it is Mille fleur not Millie flour thank you very much!
Thank you, the two millie hens are the only hens laying right now.

i was thinking she was a cross, of what i dont know though. She is still a pullet so maybe that accounts for her kinda odd shape. i have the entire flock she came from and the possible parents that i know of are brahma, mille, porcelain d'uccle, or seabright. She seems to be slightly bigger then my other bantys and she has grey legs.

The first hen looks like some kind of Silkie mix, with her small crest and grey-ish looking skin. A lot of my mixes come without feathered legs and beards.
The second is a golden laced Seabright
smile.png
Maybe she is a silky/mille cross? It would explain the crest. They didnt mention having silkies at all but the two mille hens hatched out their own clutches in early spring. They got 5 mille crosses and 2 seabright crosses. She might have been from that same hatch but just a bigger bird.

It just a mixed breed chicken. No harm in that.
Thank you anyhow everyone!! So long as she lays eggs i will be happy.
wee.gif

At first i thought she was an odd looking mille fleur cross but she has a crest, no beard and her shape is different and no leg feathers.

Sorry the pictures are not better. The hen in this picture looks like a Legbar or some kind of mixed breed.

And this is a gold seabright right?
This hen is a Golden Sebright.

Sorry the pictures are not better.
i figured out what this hen is and she isnt a cross. She is the mille fleur pattern of the pyncheon bantam. Like these

Back
Top Bottom