Any Ideas?

KalikoFarms

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
This roo was hatched with some silver laced orpington eggs. The others that hatched looked like just what they were supposed to but this guy "Romeo" only has the color of the other hatchlings. I think its an orpington (misp I know) mixed with a game bird any other suggestions? He is so pretty and we are going to breed him back to some English blacks.
Thanks
Rita

The above picture is of Romeo this spring.

This above picture was taken last week.

Is that really the same bird? I've never seen color change that much, and the comb looks different.

First pic makes me think Wyandotte, with a rose comb, but I can't see the legs to see what color they are.

I really don't see any game bird in him, he's pretty hefty looking and game birds are light, lean and long.

Is that really the same bird? I've never seen color change that much, and the comb looks different.

First pic makes me think Wyandotte, with a rose comb, but I can't see the legs to see what color they are.

I really don't see any game bird in him, he's pretty hefty looking and game birds are light, lean and long.
I'm with you, those aren't the same rooster. different combs and lengths in the backs also.

Back
Top Bottom