Any one else own a Skunk ?

Lucky! It's not legal to keep them here. I grew up very jealous of my mother, hearing about her skunk.

I saw and watched a skunk once while hiking, and I've since researched but can't find an example of what I saw. Would anyone be able to explain an otherwise normal looking black and white skunk with a gold tail? It honestly looked like another animal's tail had been pasted to this skunk's butt.

Breed them!!! I need a baby skunk!
big_smile.png

And..and ..and..hes mean! he wont sell me her! he said i can only come and see her..
hit.gif

LOL my hubby saw me trying to google skunk breeders..and that i was talking to poultrykeeper...
and he says..."that guy is trouble!" LOL cause he knows he always convinces me to get a new critter...
lau.gif
Then he says...so when are we going to get it?...
gig.gif

Dont worry..i'll wear ya down..
I'm good like that..
tongue.png

Sooo....can i just babysit her for a few hours then? I promise to return her...
big_smile.png

Quote:
Really ?? they had a few at the action even had an albino female . But i was told they can give you worms ?? That was the tun off for me lol .

yes the worms that raccoons carry,(as many as 50 percent of them in some states) is called, Baylisascaris, it can be deadly in house pets, can cause blindness, and can last in an area for years even through multiple bleachings.

These worms can be a scary thing... I do not recommend Raccoons as pets. Not that they are not fun, cute and totally lovable.

I read once that anything a skunk can fit its head through, his entire body can fit too. We had one get into out dogs kennel years ago.
It was rabid and so the story made the front page of the paper and this was one of the tidbits of info it gave.
Just thought it might be a good thing to share with you
smile.png

Wicked cute baby skunk you got there. I wish i had one too!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Quote:
Really ?? they had a few at the action even had an albino female . But i was told they can give you worms ?? That was the tun off for me lol .

I've never heard of that. As long as any animal is healthy, it shouldn't have worms at all. My dad had a raccoon as a pet years and years ago, and it was very tame and never really caused problems. A few years ago some friends of mine got a raccoon and it was nothing but trouble, they got her when she was too old and they never could quite tame her.

I didnt read all the posts to see, but I wanted to say that wild caught pet raccoons can carry Raccoon Roundworm and it can lay eggs in your brain..look it up. I've re-habbed many and they need wormer from the **VET** if you get one. They can look healthy and carry worms. You need to be very careful with cleaning the cage until the meds take hold. It can kill and blind you and cause neurological problems if they hatch and die in your brain--you could die!

Congrats on the skunk! One of the few things I have not had. Im waiting for 20-30 years or so when I will have more free time to get one.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom