Any one getting new birds this spring??? Please tell us here :)

bluehillfarm

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 12, 2012
Middle TN
I want to see how many people are getting new chickens this spring. and what breed? how many are you getting? and why are you getting them eggs? meat? or just as pets?

I am getting 16 hens around the end of march the breeds are Easter Egg, Production Red, Welsummer, Plymouth Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, Australorp, Rhode Island Red, and Buff Orpington....I am getting 2 of each I might get a few more Production Reds or Easter Eggs :) the reason I want them is because I want fresh eggs.
woot.gif

Going to get 40 or so beginning of March. Golden Buffs. Brown egg layer. Steady and dependable.
Need to add to the flock for the demand for our range free eggs.
thumbsup.gif

that is great I hope I will be able to sell some my eggs we live in a very small neighborhood off only 12 houses in about a 10 mile radius so maybe I will be able to put ads up on LSN or craigslist...I am trying to figure out how much to sell a dozen for.

Grandson wants some Buckeyes, granddaughter wants some OEGs, I want a few different breeds than the two I have now. My coop will handle 24 standards so with my 11 present chickens, I can get as many as 13 more birds.

Since I plan to join my order with a friend and don't know what breeds are options at this time, I can't tell what I'm getting. I will have chicks, though! That chicken math is a killer!

Back
Top Bottom