Any one have a rooster that sounds like a hen laying an egg????

Regardless of what they look like, I would let them decide for themselves who has to go. Believe me, I rehomed mine one by one for things like aggressive with the girls, like nasty, flighty, picking fights, etc, till I was down to 2 roos that are brothers, top and bottom of the pecking order, but basically get along, alpha-I can pick him up and kiss his head, he's good to the girls. Ugly Eddie at the bottom, well he's sweet. I have 2 silkie roos and a hen living together. Now its 2 silkie roos, a hen, and 3 Polish chicks living together no problem. In a separate coop. One roo attacks me, but it is more funny than anything. He has a beautiful crow and gets along with the other 2. If that should change, he will be rehomed.

Quote:
When I first got the chicks I got a EE rooster to go with the 7 girls I got. I figured if I were to breed it would be EE's. So I only have one rooster to pick from. so far he has been a calm and quiet one. Here is a picture of Flame. He is the smallest of the group and was always the smallest as a chick. Very slow to mature. I think he will get prettier as time goes on.
flame2.jpg

Then I got another rooster chick from my SIL in case something happened to him. He turned out pretty and pretty nice also. He is not the one I am always running after.
This is Blue. I can pick him up and he remains pretty calm. They are all 16 weeks now.
blue.jpg

Here are the other ones that I am pretty sure I will get rid of. the first is Mr Cocky. Second Whitie and the thrid is Rudalph.
mrcock.jpg

whitie.jpg

glw2.jpg

They are all good looking roosters. I just don't need that many. There are not much call for roosters in this area except to butcher. I have tried to put an ad in the paper but got no responds. I put up an ad at the P.O. and got no responds. I think I am going to put them in the freezer. They really don't look like they are going to have much meat of them yet but that is the way it goes. I

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom