Any rat lovers out there?

LaynaDon95

Songster
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
Texas
I'm getting a pair of rats! I'm getting a pair of rats!
wee.gif

I've been trying to convince my parents to let me get rats forever! They finally said if they didn't have to pay for them, and they never EVER smelled them, I could have them. So, I'm setting up their cage tonight, and I'll start buying things for them when I can make it to town. We don't have a decent place around here to buy rats, so I have to wait until we make it out of town, but I'm hoping for a pair of Dumbo girls. I'm so excited! Anyone have stories/pictures/etc. of your rats to share to hold me over until I can get mine?

Used to have a Hairless Rat many many years ago.. If you can get them a ferret cage that will work great since they will climb everywhere.. Oh and be prepared to here that wheel turning at Night since they are also nocturnal. My poor guy was apparently ashamed of his lack of hair and didn't like to be seen in the light (except for treats)

Used to have a Hairless Rat many many years ago.. If you can get them a ferret cage that will work great since they will climb everywhere.. Oh and be prepared to here that wheel turning at Night since they are also nocturnal. My poor guy was apparently ashamed of his lack of hair and didn't like to be seen in the light (except for treats)
I have a bird cage for them. It is kinda small, but it'll do while they're young. I'm adding levels, ropes, branches, toys, etc. right now. The bird cage (I found it at a thrift shop) came with these 2 perches that attach to both sides of the cage. I attached them together with cloth to create another level. My little sister says it looks like an unrolled scroll.

Back
Top Bottom