Any Veterinarians or Vet Techs on here? Do you mind taking a quick survey for me?

Tapioca

Songster
10 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Statesville, NC
Hi! My name is Margaret and I'm currently enrolled in the agriculture program at my local community college. For my animal science class, I'm required to interview someone in an animal science career. If you're a veterinarian or a veterinary technician (or know one that would take my survey), would you please take a few minutes and answer my questions? I have to incorporate them into a relatively professional presentation that I will give in front of my class next week. My teacher probably wants to know your name and the clinic you work at or have worked at, so if you don't feel comfortable giving that information publicly, please message it to me. I'll give you full credit during the presentation. I'll never use the information to contact you or harass you. I'm just a student that needs to finish her class :) Thank you so much! Here are the questions:

Margaret Brown

Professor Amy Poirier

ANS-110

Interview Questions for Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician

What shaped your career decision? Did the money and benefits associated with the career influence your decision?

Do you have any regrets regarding your career choice? Do you think you'll ever do anything else?

Are the hours strenuous? When you go home do you "take work with you?" Or does work stay at work?

You see lots of patients every day; do you get emotionally attached to them and/or their owners? If so, do you find that it negatively or positively impacts your work?

Do you own animals? If so, do you bring them into this clinic if they have problems? Have you ever performed surgery on your own animals?

In this type of job, would you say that education is more important, or experience? Did you learn more on the job or in school?

Do you have any certifications? Do you specialize in a particular type of species or a specialty area?

Where did you go to college? How was the experience?

Were your educational expenses overwhelming? Did you work through school?

Do you have any advice for someone going into your field? Any drawbacks you would like to mention?

Is it difficult to find work in the veterinary field?

Back
Top Bottom