Anybody Else 'Enjoy' Scraping Poop Boards?

Quote:
Yes it's just a board below the roost, that gathers the poop while they roost. First make sure that a poop board is the right thing for you.
Don't just get one when you have no idea what it is.

Yup just a board below the roost that catches about 90% of the poop. Really helps to keep the bedding clean. I just take the largest spatula used for taping sheetrock and one of those square plastic buckets that kitty litter comes in and one two three its all scraped and cleaned and into the bucket and off to the compost pile!

I dump my poop tray into the compost bin every morning and then hose it off so it's sparkling clean. I have sand in the bottom of my coop so it's easy to scoop up any stray poops with a kitty litter scoop. My coop is just as clean and fresh now as it was the day I finished building it, and that's a great feeling. I only wish our indoor bird room was as easy to keep clean!

My girls love a clean poop board!
They all talk to me the whole time I'm cleaning it.
D.gif

Man I love this place. DH put a section of rain gutter at the bottom of the boards to make it easier for me.
I don't have the heart to tell him, when I get home from a long day I like cleaning and hangin' with my peeps.
And the compost is a real bonus

Back
Top Bottom