Anybody know what type chick this is?

crowfamilyof5

Hatching
Jan 26, 2015
I have a chick that I would love to know more about. I purchased 5 Australorp chicks last over the weekend, and this little guy was in the brooder with them. It was so cute and the seller told me it was a 2nd generation comet. However, after searching online, I couldn't any pictures of comet chicks that looked like this one. No idea if its a boy or a girl either. We just fell in love with the little chick and brought it home regardless of what it is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Red sex links are a first generation cross between a red rooster and a silver hen. They are known by many different names (such as golden comets) depending on the actual breeds used and the hatchery producing them. They do not breed true. If you breed a golden comet rooster and hen together, you can end up with a variety of different colors of mixed breed chicks. It's likely that your chick is exactly what the seller said: a second generation cross between two golden comets. It is a very cute chick that should be a good layer if it turns out to be a pullet. It's too early to tell gender.

Red sex links are a first generation cross between a red rooster and a silver hen. They are known by many different names (such as golden comets) depending on the actual breeds used and the hatchery producing them. They do not breed true. If you breed a golden comet rooster and hen together, you can end up with a variety of different colors of mixed breed chicks. It's likely that your chick is exactly what the seller said: a second generation cross between two golden comets. It is a very cute chick that should be a good layer if it turns out to be a pullet. It's too early to tell gender.
x2

second this.

Your chick is likely a mix breed, as a Golden Comet is already a crossbreed. Crossing two Golden Comets makes a mix that doesn't have all the characteristics of the parent birds (such as the ability to be sexed by color).

Back
Top Bottom