anyoe know the easiest way to move a shed?

ma2babygurl13

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Fairborn OH
I'm thinking of buying a used shed off CL to make into a coop for my birds, but since it is already put together it would be nice to move it "whole" I have access to a 16 foot car trailer, what is the best/easiest way to move a shed "whole"? Anyone?

Not that I've ever moved a shed, but I'd say there are lots of factors involved.
Size and weight of the shed.
How strong is the shed.
Will it fit, comfortably, on the trailer, without getting pulled over by DOT.
Properly securing the shed, during transit.
Attaching some skids, to make movement on and off the trailer easy.

wheels, tractor, truck, trailor, human power?... sorry not too sure lol good luck
big_smile.png

could try a few things... roll on log posts or skids... put a tow strap on it and pull up with a wench or another vehicle.... You may want to brace it up inside.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd use a winch, but if you have access to 5-6 wenches, they have a pretty good carrying capacity.

Back in the day, people used to pick up barns and move them. People.

I saw this as a kid. It's bizarre! Only, in my experience, everyone just grabbed it and lifted! You surround a barn with people and everyone lift, it just floats. There were people inside lifting as well.

If you can round up enough bumper jacks (or camper jacks, I think) you could raise it up and back the trailer under it.

back some time ago, my folks bought a 10x12 or so pre built shed. It came on a flatbed trailer, but no way to move it from the street, up the hill, over a 4ft fence and in to the back yard. Dad went down to the corner hangout and offered up a case of beer; ample guys showed up to carry and lift. Flawless.

Watched that video of barn moving by hand. Noticed how the braces distributed the weight high into the framing. I've made offers on a couple sheds around, and these will need framing or bracing around the bottom to stiffen up enough to carry. Then run long "handles" of scrap wood out the sides for the volunteer carrying crew. Same deal? Mmm, if only the drinking age in GA wasn't 21...

Back
Top Bottom