Anyone been to Meyer's Hatchery?

jimandcaitlin

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 10, 2014
We live a couple hours away and were thinking of going there to visit their store in person. Just wondering if anyone has been and if it's worth the trip? Thanks!

we haven't been there but have ordered from there. the chickens were ugly compare to the other places we have ordered. they were also smaller than they should have been. i would find a breeder and pay a little more, or use a family farm like ultimate farm chicken... if you just want the experience, see the size, and how these hatcheries make millions on novice and have 1000 in over hatch chicks every week.. it might be worth it. maybe just find some local farms...

good luck.

we haven't been there but have ordered from there. the chickens were ugly compare to the other places we have ordered. they were also smaller than they should have been. i would find a breeder and pay a little more, or use a family farm like ultimate farm chicken... if you just want the experience, see the size, and how these hatcheries make millions on novice and have 1000 in over hatch chicks every week.. it might be worth it. maybe just find some local farms...

good luck.
Do you work for Ultimate Chicken Farm? I looked at the website. It is cool that they offer to sell baby cockerels. I hope they do not kill unwanted boys like most hatcheries.

They are in Polk, Ohio. I have been there a few times to buy a few things when I was in the area . You are better of watching a video tour of a hatchery because they are not going to give you a behind the scenes tour. They have a small store front with poultry supplies but there is no reason to drive out of your way. Your average small town farm supply store will be way bigger. They do not make their money from walk in traffic.

ha no i dont work for them, just know them they have good breeds and care about the animals more than the money

I had chick fever and decided to order some from them (middle of January), out of the first 15 only 4 survived....I blame more on the weather than the hatchery. They were SUPER NICE about it, they give you 48 hours post delivery to do a head count and then either ship more chicks, refund, or store credit. They actually shipped me out a whole new order for free, with much better results. The variety and customer service are worth it! I wish all companies had customer service this nice. I do always try to buy from my local people, but sometimes late at night my fingers have a mind of their own on the computer!!

Back
Top Bottom