anyone ever seen a chicken egg this small

That's so cute!

We've had two like that so far from our 11 regular sized chickens. One from our EE Abbie.

XPBzzz_FirstTINYegg_29Aug08.jpg

And one from one of our Black Sex-Links.

XPB_TinisestEggSoFar_20Sept08.jpg

XPB_TinisestEggSoFar_BiggestEggSoFa.jpg

I'm blowing the egg out and using the tiny shells to paint pictures on. They make the sweetest little works of art!!

I got one of these in the spring, but it didn't have a yolk either. My girls were already laying when they were given to me, so i don't know if this was common when they frist started, but I know it happens sometimes.

I have a jelly jar with 7 eggs in it and room for more. I probably have missed quite a few others since its a first egg I dont think they always put the first ones in the nest box.

My 6 month old Buttercup has started laying eggs that size. the first one was not much bigger than a Robin's egg. Now, they are about the size of a quail egg.

I have a little green one like that from my huge white EE. She'd just finished molting & that was her first egg to me.
33512_hpim2388.jpg

Last edited:
Well it just so happens I got one of those Wed evening. I only get them from this one chicken. She lays a tiny egg that has no yolk and then the next egg is a large soft egg, no shell. I forgot about this and the next day I found the skin of the egg..they had a dinner without me seeing..lol. This chicken is a year old next week and I've gotten I think 3 from her..maybe 4. They are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom