Anyone getting eggs yet?

Hey, folks! Merry and Happy!

This is Eric and little Uno, tame-wild rothschildis, sitting just outside my garden (waiting for Afternoon Wheat).

SE
Awesome Mark! It is so neat that you get photos so we can see them in thru "natural" environment. Except the part where they wait for the nice man to feed them wheat in the afternoon! Thanks for sharing.

Finally got my first egg. Loca left this one for me yesterday! Wish I knew if it was fertile although it is a little small for incubating. More to come, I'm sure.

don't know my scales are broken
but she out done herself this time this is her 21st year and biggest one yet

I never realized Emu's laid such beautiful eggs! I ignorantly thought they'd be white or cream
smile.png
Do you raise Emu's for meat then? or just for the pleasure of it, I must say I think they are awesome birds.

I raise them as my babies I just love there disposition and need for human attention , I could never raise them for meat I enjoy everyone I have and I have 7 there names are Elmo, Ernie,Peepers,Baby,Champion,freeway,and highway the last two were rescued off the highway that's why the have those names , all of them love for me to go out and pet them and talk to them . we get a lot of people to come and learn about them and the peacocks,turkeys,ducks ,and all the rest of the crew I started out rescuing unwanted or injured birds or feathered animals and I just let them stay and live out there days in leisure here on the farm .

Back
Top Bottom