Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

I had 15 of mine hatch, 7 welsummers and 8 RIR's, had to save 1 again, it was succesful though!
celebrate.gif
Congrats everyone with new chicks!!! I love the Easter basket pic, that is sooo cute! I have decided to officially retire my LG, not 1 eggs I set in it hatched this time, I just don't have time to babysit it, my R-com is wonderful! I just wish it held more egg, lol.

thumbsup.gif
Way to go, Silkymom! I had 10 out of 13 silkies hatch. I don't know why the other 3 didn't hatch.
sad.png
I opened them up, but couldn't really tell. They hadn't even pipped yet.
hu.gif
I've never gotten 100% from my silkies...Maybe they are harder to incubate. All of these recent babies have big vaults and 2 of them are still struggling. One looks like he has a swollen brain and DH might need to cull it tonight.....so sad. The other just isn't thriving or eating on it's own yet. It was the last one to hatch on it's own Saturday morning so maybe it's just younger and weaker. It does drink from the dropper when I offer it Sav-A-Chick water and Poly-Vi-Sol, so I'm really hoping it starts improving.
fl.gif

Remember I wanted Splash and light Blue?
love.gif
I think I got some. Look at some of these cuties:

Congrats!!!
clap.gif
10 out of 13 is a good hatch, sometime's we never know why they don't hatch. Awwww
love.gif
they are such cuties!!! I had my family and my DH's family over yesterday for Easter lunch and everyone enjoyed watching the little chicks so much, especially the kiddies! So sorry about your weak one, I hope he holds in there and gets it's strength up!
fl.gif
I was so busy this weekend I haven't taken any pictures of my chicks, which is a first, lol. I'll have to get some when I get home.

Very cute!
fl.gif
Hopefully your one will gain strength. So Lucky (That is what we have named her) is making slooooowww but still progress. She is peeping and beak is out. I can see her head a little and the hole is a little bigger. So I am just staring and watching
fl.gif
At least I know she is able to breathe. We did pick up from a local farmer 2 bantams, 2 Sultans, and 3 Silkies that are 1 day old. I am hoping Lucky will hear their peeping and it will help her move along.

thumbsup.gif
Way to go, Silkymom! I had 10 out of 13 silkies hatch. I don't know why the other 3 didn't hatch.
sad.png
I opened them up, but couldn't really tell. They hadn't even pipped yet.
hu.gif
I've never gotten 100% from my silkies...Maybe they are harder to incubate. All of these recent babies have big vaults and 2 of them are still struggling. One looks like he has a swollen brain and DH might need to cull it tonight.....so sad. The other just isn't thriving or eating on it's own yet. It was the last one to hatch on it's own Saturday morning so maybe it's just younger and weaker. It does drink from the dropper when I offer it Sav-A-Chick water and Poly-Vi-Sol, so I'm really hoping it starts improving.
fl.gif

Remember I wanted Splash and light Blue?
love.gif
I think I got some. Look at some of these cuties:

SOOOO CUTE!!! Congrats!!! I hope the other ones pull through. Do you think #2 is a roo???? hmmmmm I'm just saying that based on his stance ... I'll be curious to find out in 6 months
lau.gif

I have some silkies going into lockdown tonight from Catdance so I'm really hoping they will hatch!!! I have had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE luck with shipped silkies but these seem to be holding their own
fl.gif
Hope I'm not jinxing them... maybe its because they only came from washington..... Hatch day is Thursday... I'm hoping for some blues & splashes as well! I also have some of my silkie x bantam cochin & bantam Frizzle cochin crosses in there ( I couldn't help myself) ... It is amazing how perfect the air cells are on my eggs versus the shipped... I'll be happy with a few as 2 is the most I have ever gotten to hatch from shipped silkies .....

SOOOO CUTE!!! Congrats!!! I hope the other ones pull through. Do you think #2 is a roo???? hmmmmm I'm just saying that based on his stance ... I'll be curious to find out in 6 months
lau.gif

Oh no, I sure hope not, it's a nice light blue.
fl.gif
I can't keep roosters.
hit.gif
Maybe by the time it starts crowing, we'll have a farm?

I have some silkies going into lockdown tonight from Catdance so I'm really hoping they will hatch!!! I have had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE luck with shipped silkies but these seem to be holding their own
fl.gif
Hope I'm not jinxing them... maybe its because they only came from washington..... Hatch day is Thursday... I'm hoping for some blues & splashes as well! I also have some of my silkie x bantam cochin & bantam Frizzle cochin crosses in there ( I couldn't help myself) ... It is amazing how perfect the air cells are on my eggs versus the shipped... I'll be happy with a few as 2 is the most I have ever gotten to hatch from shipped silkies .....

celebrate.gif
Oh good, I'm glad you saw them moving! Give them a couple more days for sure!
fl.gif

At Day 21 (hatchday) it is pretty big-like 1/3 of the egg, usually lopsided.

I candled my last 3 eggs last night too and didn't see any movement. So, I opened them up from the top and hoped they were just sleeping. I left them all in the bator until this morning when I knew without a doubt they were dead. They became part of the compost pile. Thankful for the 10 chicks that hatched, but I just wish I knew why these 3 didn't?
sad.png
Good luck with your babies. Please let us know when they hatch.

Lucky has hatched!!!
jumpy.gif
We are so eggcited!!! and relieved! She looks like a buff laced Polish - Now it looks like the umbilical cord is still attached and she is crawling around the bator with the egg attached behind her. Is this normal?

Quote:
Lucky has hatched!!!
jumpy.gif
We are so eggcited!!! and relieved! She looks like a buff laced Polish - Now it looks like the umbilical cord is still attached and she is crawling around the bator with the egg attached behind her. Is this normal?
There is sometimes a vein or stringy something attached..... That is usually fine and will detach itsself .... If it looks like he intestine that is not normal ..... How is she doing?

There is sometimes a vein or stringy something attached..... That is usually fine and will detach itsself .... If it looks like he intestine that is not normal .....
How is she doing?

she is peeping like crazy and moving around like a wobbly drunk lol The egg is no longer attached and the stringy thing just fell off minutes ago.

Yes that looks normal!! Can't wait to see what she looks like all fluffed up!
big_smile.png

Here she is! She is doing well. Thank you so much for all your help! I really appreciate it! Lucky is very little only about 2 1/2 inches tall. :)

Back
Top Bottom