Anyone HATCHING?!?!? Newbie's and addicts WELCOME!!!! Hatch Calendar page 1!!!!

So I just went to check on my eggs in lockdown and I could swear I heard chirping.... Thought at 1st it was my 3 week olds but nope definitely from the eggs.... I looked really hard at the eggs and finally saw what appears to be a small pip on the bottom of 1 egg! :D I am just on day 19 with these. Silkies and this is the incubator that was unplugged! So yeah they are alive!! Maybe a new fuzzy by morning ....

So I just went to check on my eggs in lockdown and I could swear I heard chirping.... Thought at 1st it was my 3 week olds but nope definitely from the eggs.... I looked really hard at the eggs and finally saw what appears to be a small pip on the bottom of 1 egg!
big_smile.png
I am just on day 19 with these. Silkies and this is the incubator that was unplugged! So yeah they are alive!! Maybe a new fuzzy by morning ....
Yeahhhh
wee.gif
. Keep us posted! Pics of the babies. PLEASE!

We use blukote to discourage pecking. Put it on the pecked areas, it tastes bad to the one doing the pecking.

im no expert on this but u need to put a stop to it cause they will kill eachother it happend to me when i got my very first chicks from a hatchery there is this stuff u can buy that taste bad and the chicks dont like it so they stop pecking them

Hi guys. Tomorrow will be day 13. I've thrown away one of the 12 because it was bad. When I candle I see that the majority of the egg looks solid with about 1/4 of it being lighter and clearer. What I don't see is any veining or anything else. Am I doing something wrong? How often should I candle? What exactly should I be seeing at this point? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom