ANYONE HATCHING THIS WEEKEND? JOIN EVERYONE!! PICS

Today is day 21. Nine hatched out over the weekend a little early. I have four eggs left in the incubator and I finally have a pip on one of the eggs. When I candled before lockdown, I did have two questionable eggs so I'm only expecting two more to hatch out. I'm going to give them more time. I've had chicks hatch out as late as day 25. I think they are like human babies, some come early, some come right on time, and some are a little late! As long as they get here happy and healthy is what is important (and hopefully majority hens)! Waiting on this late comer is hard though. I keep peeping in the incubator because I keep hearing it chirping!!

congratssss

the barred chicks looks like you have 2 pullets and a roo there atleast

im also guessing you have 3 red sex links [pullets] i think the lighter one is a white chicken possibly not sure of sex

cute :)

Last edited:
Have a total of 10 chicks now! Here's hoping for one more chick before the day is over! I'd love to get 11 chicks from 13 eggs! That would be an awesome hatch rate! Congratulations on all the new babies everyone!

Here is the first photo of the new babies! Number ten is still drying off in the incubator! What a nice hatch this has been!

Congrats same here!!
Hatched 8/8

I white is buff!
4 RIRS
1 EE
And 2 buff orp mix red sex links

How do you know the gender at day olds?

Congrats same here!!
Hatched 8/8
I white is buff!
4 RIRS
1 EE
And 2 buff orp mix red sex links
How do you know the gender at day olds?

you can try wing tip if you dont know vent sex

a female has 1 slow feather nad 1 fast feather gene which makes her wing tip needle feathers long and short

a male has 2 slow feather genes so his neadle feathers will be all of 1 length

not very clear but if you look closly that a female buff orp

Back
Top Bottom