Anyone have a good squirrel recipe?

You all are making me feel pretty good.

(friends???) have been making fun of me because I got ripped off by someone on craigs list. Thought I bought 4 hens, 1 died and 3 months later the other 3 started crowing.

Not zoned for roosters

Ever try getting rid of one - close to impossible

But if yall are eatin squirrel I don't feel quilty about turning those roos into dinner

Hey, That's what roos are for!!!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Why? I grew up hunting and eating squirrel. We have some in the freezer right now...

CROCK POT SQUIRREL

7-8 gray squirrels
Flour
Cooking oil
Salt and pepper
1-medium onion
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2-cans creamy chicken mushroom soup
2-cups sour cream
2-cups water

Dress the squirrels and cut them into pieces. Salt and pepper them, then roll in flour. Heat some cooking oil in a large frying pan and brown the squirrels.Put the squirrel pieces into a crock pot. Add soup, water,onions,and mushrooms.Turn the crock pot to high for 1/2 hour. Then turn the heat to low, add sour cream, and cook for at least 6 hours

Ol' Granny used to make Squirrel N Dumplins...

Ol' Papa'd shoot 'em, she'd fetch 'em, he'd clean 'em, she'd cook 'em... he's gone now so that's out, but I loved it when I was a kid and loved seeing them working together after that many years of marriage... just nifty... I think that she made it just like she did her chicken n dumplins, looked and tasted just the same, but I can't swear to it.

Quote:
Why not the brains? My grandfather used to eat Squirrel brains and dumplins, Squirrel and rice is good too.

Because of possible prion diseases similar to Mad Cow Disease or Chronic Wasting Disease in deer.

Quote:
You Yanks call it City Chicken. Yum. I remember city chicken growing up in the Burgh. fried cubed meat on a stick. I hope it was pork???
roll.png

We fry squirrel in used bacon grease and serve with chicken flavored fried rice.

Dirt

Back
Top Bottom