Anyone have any guesses on breeds?

bainismyname

Hatching
Mar 1, 2016
My son brought these 3 chicks home from school a few weeks ago. They are now a little over 4 weeks old. We have no clue what they are. They are our first try at chicks. Wouldn't mind knowing the sex either

At this point, they all look like Pullets, luckily for you. For the breed, the red one might be a red star otherwise known as a red sex link, or a Rhode Island Red or production red might be on the shortlist. Do you know what color the red one was a few weeks ago when you got them? As for the others, I think they are Leghorns.

The 2 white ones look like they may be part silkie by the fur on their necks. I know its not fur
lau.gif
.. But its the fluffy stuff silkies have..
Wishing you best and
welcome-byc.gif

I was hoping they could all be pullets. I was thinking leghorn on the pair that look the same. A few weeks ago the red one was mostly yellow but had hints of redish brown throughout
you can see it at the bottom

The 2 white ones look   like they may be part silkie by the fur on their necks.    I know its not fur :lau ..   But its the fluffy stuff silkies have.. 
Wishing you best and :welcome

I agree
#1 is a golden star/golden link (or red star, red link, etc.)
#2 & #3 look to be a possible leghorn silkie cross or maybe something else?
Also, "everyone" looks to be pullets there!

Last edited:
Top is a Red Sex Link and definitely a pullet because cockerels have a much different color. The other two look like Leghorns and they don't have Silkie feathers, that is their chick down and they appear to be pullets as of now. :)

Last edited:
My guess would be that they are all red sex links and if so, the two white ones will be cockerels. The comb on the one in the second picture is certainly quite large and it already has wattles which suggests cockerel to me. You can't see the comb on the photo of the third one, so I can't comment on that specifically.

Back
Top Bottom