Anyone have the Omlet Eglu Cube or the smaller one? How is it?

JohnDS1

Hatching
Apr 5, 2023
I was thinking of getting it without the cage and just open the door and let them free. I have no chickens yet. I plan to hatch them indoors.

How do you like the coop?

If hatching the eggs, when is it ok to put the hatchlings in the coop and when can I let them free?

How far would they go if I let them free?

I'm in zone 7A

Last edited:
Eglus aren't quite what they're cracked up to be, they lack ventilation, predator proofing and space. Dollar for dollar, the don't quite break even for value
When you can put chicks outside depends on their feathering and your temperatures. :]

I was thinking of getting it without the cage and just open the door and let them free. I have no chickens yet. I plan to hatch them indoors.

How do you like the coop?

If hatching the eggs, when is it ok to put the hatchlings in the coop and when can I let them free?

How far would they go if I let them free?

I'm in zone 7A
My sister has one. I think there are better plastic coops for the money but she's been happy with hers. She lives in the South of England and like much of the UK wet and not warm rather than cold is the norm.
I think they are reasonably secure but as nuthatched write, they leave a lot to be desired for ventilation and being double skinned adpting them for improved ventilation isn't as straightforward as one might wish.
The egg laying compartment sort of works but there are other plastic coops that are better designed in this respect.
You would be space limited. I think they are okay for three hens but not more.
Should you buy an Eglu I would get it with the run. Being able to provide some security in the event that you need to contain the birds, even if it's a temporary measure is very handy.

Back
Top Bottom