Anyone in WV, KY or OH breeding Brown Layers?

wvtoliver

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 10, 2007
West Virginia
I have looked at the OH and KY hatcheries. Not very impressed with what chicks they have available. Really questioning whether or not to have any shipped with the horror stories I am reading about. Ideal is sold out until May with most chicks I am looking for.

I am ready to find someone close to my area and see if I can just make a road trip and pick up the little peeps.

Chicks I am interested in getting. Heavy Brown layers and a few others

BUFF ORPS (OR ANY OTHER ORPS)
AUSTROLORPS
COCHINS
EASTER EGGERS
SILKIES
ROCKS
WYANDOTTES
BRAHMAS
(ok I like the fuzzy ones)

Just drop me a note and let me know.

Thanks
Tracy

I am interested in Standards. Also, thinking about ordering 50 or so from Cackle. but, if I can find someone who is breeding and shipping or possibly even pick them up I would be happy.

Let me know what you have and we will discuss. thank you for replying.

Tracy

I have 18 BLRW chicks just hatched....not enough to ship in the cold weather....I also have a trio of white silkies I would like to sale.....they are too hard to clean for shows.

Last edited:
Hi,

if you are wanting a heavy layer - see if anyone has the production reds. I have buff orps, b. austrolorps, barred rock, ee, - and 3 production reds - they produce more and bigger eggs than the others. very layed back and friendly too.

Mrs Turbo

Could you send me a message and let me know where in KY you are and the prices of the chicks and Silkies???

Thank you
Tracy

Back
Top Bottom